Monday, October 22, 2012

Sick day(s)

I had the flu last week for the first time in years. It was terrible, especially because I now have a toddler who needs to be chased after and kept busy most of the day. I just wished I could call in sick and not have to worry, but you just can't do that as a stay at home mommy. Luckily I have an amazing sister who took Owen one afternoon, an perfect husband who took off work one morning to get Owen out of the house and a wonderful mom who came down to spend the afternoon looking after the little man.

I was feeling better by the weekend so Brad and I got up early Saturday morning to take Owen to Keeneland for Breakfast with the Works. You are served breakfast, buffet style and then you have the opportunity to tour the grounds and watch the horses get their morning workout in.

 

 

Some of the horses came up close so Owen was able to pet one.

There was a dancing horse as well, Owen wasn't so sure about this one.

Mostly Owen enjoyed running around and smiling at new people.

 

Owen loves his daddy!

On Sunday Brad left us to go to Indianapolis to watch the Browns get destroyed by the Colts. It is yet again a disappointing season for my loyal Browns fan of a husband. So while Brad was gone Owen and I decided to go to Hall - zoo - ween at the Cincinnati zoo with Brad's sister Katie and brother Brian. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time.

Owen dressed to match some of the lions at the zoo. Owen kept his lion hat on for about 0.5 seconds, so this was the only picture we were able to get in full costume.

Owen was excited to spend time with his aunt Katie

And uncle Brian

They helped me chase after him all day.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment