Thursday, March 20, 2014

Four Months Already.....

My computer messed up a bit, so here is the actual post that was supposed to go up yesterday.



Our baby is four months old -  he is actually 4 1/2 months old by the time I am actually writing this.  I wanted to wait until his 4 month check up to post this blog so I could get his stats.






Weight:  16.4 lbs (63rd percentile)  The doctor was a little concerned that his percentile isn't staying up but the positive side is that his weight is continuing to go up, just not as fast as the doctor thinks it should.  We will go back next month for a weight check.  This same thing happened with Owen at this exact age.  So I'm not sure if my babies just start evening out at this time or my milk doesn't have as high of a fatty content.  I'm not sure but since we have been through this before I am not going to stress so much about it.

Height:  26 1/2 inches (85th percentile)

Sleep:  Around week 15 Grayson started waking up at 3 AM or 4 AM to nurse, I thought okay maybe this is a growth spurt, it will only get better.  Right?  Wrong!!  Around week 19 Grayson started waking up 45 minutes after I put him to sleep, around 10:45, then again 12 AM, 2 AM, 4 AM, 6 AM, you get the idea here.  This has been going on for a week, we are trying to figure out how to turn this around without making him "cry it out" so I am giving it another week before I make any decisions.  Owen did the same thing right around this age and we made him "cry it out".  It worked for him but it also made him a very inflexible child and he couldn't sleep anywhere but his crib.  So we will see.  One thing is for sure, I am exhausted!!

Play:  Grayson loves to be held upright more often now.  He loves to look at people and smile and coo at them.  He squeals with delight and kicks his legs all around when he sees or hears Owen.

Grayson loves toys, especially his squeaky giraffe Sophie.  He wants to put everything in his mouth so we have to have toys around all the time so he has something to chew on.  We also just started putting him in his bumbo.  He likes it for a limited time period before he starts arching his back and wanting out.

Eat:  Grayson is still exclusively nursing - we need to give this child a bottle!!  We did give him a few bites of a smashed banana several days ago.  Owen loved feeding Grayson, but we are not so sure Grayson loved eating the banana.  We will try again in a few weeks.




By the looks of his rolls, I think he is eating pretty well.  




Grayson is still a sweet natured baby who loves to get your attention and smile and laugh.  Here are some comparison shots of the two boys....

                                                                        


Can you guess who is who in these pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment