Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lazy Winter

Although I have been quite lazy with my blog, I haven't been so lazy in daily life. We have been having a lot of fun this winter.

Owen started swim class again at the YMCA. He took swim last winter when he was 5 months old and loved it. So I assumed he would be just fine this go around. Boy was I wrong. He screams each time we get near the pool on Saturday mornings and screams for a good 10 minutes at the beginning of the class. He holds on so tight to my arms that I have to pry him off to hand him over to Brad. Hopefully he will get better before summer arrives.

Dressed and ready for swim.

Owen is in swim class with two of his girlfriends, Miss Ellie and Miss Claire.

We had a visit from Pop Pop and Grandma one cold and snowy weekend.

The big boys played in the snow.

And built us a UK snowman
Owen decided he was much better off to watch all the action through the window with Pop Pop.

A few days later it was so warm outside that our poor snowman melted...
He found the carrot.

we got to spend a lot of time outdoors.

Playing with our neighbors.

Then we went to Miss Vada's second birthday party at Gymboree
Owen was helping Miss Ellie across the bridge, with daddy's help of course.
 
We went to a Toddler Mardi Gras Party this week

Guess who found the baby in the cake, we did. I think that means we bring the cake to the party next year.

We also had a visit from Nana and GG over the weekend. It was very special that my almost 91 year old Grandma made the trip to spend time with us. We really enjoyed having you here GG and next time we will visit you in Indiana.

We found a cowgirl and a couple of cowboys this weekend.

Owen loved wearing Kristin's 30 year old scroungy boots around the house.

The Lenton season has arrived already, I love this time of the year, it is a time to strengthen our faith and devotional disciplines. Owen and I received our ashes yesterday, Owen told me he was going to give up throwing tantrums for Lent. I don't believe it will last long.

Oh, and Happy Valentines day everyone. I am one lucky girl to have so much love to celebrate this year! Owen and I are headed to a toddler Valentines day party today, I will post pictures later.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment