Sunday, September 29, 2013

Our Month in Review

We have been enjoying the beautiful weather this month.  I love this time of the year when I can keep the windows open and light my cinnamon pumpkin candles all around the house.
Owen has been going to school for almost a month now.  The first couple of weeks went pretty good and then all of the sudden he started saying "no q" which really means "no school", and crying and clinging to me when I drop him off.  When I pick him up he seems happy and tells me about his day, but I feel a little guilty leaving him when he is crying.  Hopefully he warms up to it in the next few weeks.
We have been continuing to organize and clean the house to prepare for baby.  I am 36 weeks now, but have a picture from last week.  At my 35 week appointment the doctor said I was already dilated to a 2, which doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it is exciting to know that the day we will get to hold our baby is approaching.

Brad and I went to Sean and Lindsay Perdue's wedding last weekend.  It was so nice to have an evening out without Owen.  We enjoyed our adult time and conversations with old friends from college.  I really didn't want to go, I mean who wants to put on a dress and see people you haven't seen in a long time when you are large and uncomfortable, but I am glad I went.  I definitely got some "you look like you are going to have that baby any minute" comments from some wonderful, strangers, but otherwise it was a good night.  

Owen has gone to the pumpkin patch 3 times already in the past week.  We went to Evan's Orchard with the playgroup one day.  Owen had a ball playing in their big play area.  He took off and climbed up two flights of stairs and went down this huge slide all by himself.  I was so proud of my typically cautious boy for just going for it.



 Owen of course loved the swings.


Owen has been learning to ride his new balance bike.  He really doesn't understand the concept of gliding and picking up your feet, but he has fun scooting VERY slowly along.  It literally took us 20 minutes to ride 4 houses down to visit our neighbors.  Brad doesn't have so much patience with this activity, but for now I don't mind it.  It makes it easy on a hugely pregnant mama to keep up with.






Mary and Parker (our neighbors) are pretty amazing on their balance bikes, they can literally do laps around our slow rider.





Max and Luke started their fall season of soccer.  Pop-Pop and MeeMaw came in town to visit and we all went to the game this Saturday.  Owen sat in his own chair and cheered for Max the entire game.  I was impressed with his ability to stay seated for a whole hour.  During their spring season I couldn't keep Owen off the field, I'm glad to see that he has become a better listener.





No comments:

Post a Comment