Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Owen's first day of preschool

I know what some of you may be thinking, isn't he a little young for preschool?  This preschool is more of Mother's Day Out program which is on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00-12:00.  It is a great way to get Owen to be independent, and socialize with kiddos without Mommy around.  It is also a great way for Mommy to have a few hours on those days to run errands or soon to snuggle with a new little baby.  We went to orientation for preschool last week and Owen did awesome!  He loved the classroom and all of the toys.  We talked about school all week and what he played with, which I think helped with today's transition.
So today was the big day we had been building up to...

In order to get the little man to sit and somewhat smile for the camera, I had to pull out the bribes.  These little guys worked wonders.







                                      
We even got him to stay long enough to get a picture with daddy.
Sadly the bribes had worn off and Owen was done with pictures when it was Mommy's turn.

However you do get to see my giant beach ball hiding under my clothes (more on that later).  Next we were off to the long awaited drop off.
When we got there Owen was so excited he was almost running to his classroom.  He went right in and made himself at home, playing with the train set (smart teachers).


There were some crying kiddos in the room so I was a bit worried about Owen's reaction to this, but apparently he wasn't bothered.  He turned back to show me his train one time but just kept on playing.  I was one proud mama.
When I picked him up he pushed his way out of the classroom to see me.  He gave me a big hug and said "Owey fun school"!  His teacher said he did not have any tears all day, but was a bit quiet at first and really wasn't sure what to think of the crying kids.  I call that one successful day in my book.  I asked if he was excited to go back next week and he said "yes".  Hopefully he keeps that positive attitude next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment