Sunday, February 1, 2015

Grayson is 15 Months Old...

Our littlest boy is growing so much!  He changes all the time but it seems like in the last week he has become such a little person.

 1.  Grayson is silly, funny and light hearted.  I just know that he is going to have a lot of fun in his long life.  He has been easy going since the moment he was born, in general Grayson is pretty cool, calm and relaxed, unless someone is getting near his mama (especially daddy), then he isn't too happy.


2.  He is a dancing machine.  He LOVES music!  Anytime he hears a beat he starts bouncing his body up and down, stomping his feet and swinging his arms back and forth.  Once Grayson starts dancing we can't help ourselves but join in the fun!

3.  Grayson is not saying as many words as I would like him to right now but he is still saying more than average for his age.  He has about 10 words (maybe a couple more that I can't think of) - mama, dada, hi, brrr, fish, uh-oh, up, out, hot, help along with many appropriate animal sounds and sounds of an airplane as well as trucks and trains.  He is getting there and this week he seems to be picking up so much more.

4.  Grayson is very protective of his mama.  If I am holding Owen, he wants me to pick him up too.  When I sit down with Owen on my lap Grayson will push him out of the way just so he can be right in front of me.  Having boys fight over me isn't something I was really used to until now.  I have to say I might enjoy it just a little bit.  Grayson doesn't like to see Brad near me either - when Brad gives me a hug or touches me, Grayson will point at his hand and scream while shaking his head no.  What can I say, my boys love me....for now.


5.  Sleep - Grayson has always been a pretty good sleeper, especially when compared to Owen.  Grayson wakes up around 7:00-7:30 and he will stay in his crib sucking his pacifier for about 15-20 minutes.  Then he goes back down for one afternoon nap around 1:00.  I still rock my sweet boy to sleep most days.  He wakes up from nap between 3:00 and 4:30 (if we are lucky).  Then goes to sleep for the night around 7:30 and sleeps for a good 12 hours.  There are still nights when he wakes up and fusses for a few minutes but puts himself back to sleep - unless he doesn't feel good and then he wants to be rocked to sleep.


 This is when Grayson was sick - he just wanted to be held, poor thing!

6.  Books - Grayson is very into reading books right now.  Before nap time I ask Grayson if he is ready to read books and he heads right to Owen's anywhere chair and looks at books while jabbering away.  We typically read books together in Owen's room and then I read Grayson a couple of extra books in the rocking chair before bedtime.  His favorite book right now is Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree.
7.  Brothers - Owen and Grayson love one another but they are beginning to get a little competitive and fight over things (their mama, toys, food).  Grayson has learned how to pester Owen and Owen loves to pester Grayson, he chases him around the house which is all fun and games until Grayson gets knocked down.  It always goes from laughing and running to screaming and crying.  I can't take my eyes off of these two even for a second right now...


                                           


8.  Food - Grayson is starting to go through a bit of a picky stage.  Owen went through the same thing at this age and has never really grown out of it.  I just need to continue giving Grayson healthy choices and not give in when he refuses to eat things.  He is still showing some signs of allergies to cow's milk and peanut butter.  Instead of whole milk Grayson drinks coconut milk.  He just started eating yogurt, eggs and cheese without any problems.

9.  Grayson is beginning to kind of like television.  I know you aren't supposed to let your little ones watch tv until they are two, however with everything going on in our crazy lives and trying to clean, pack and get the house ready for showings, I really need to keep his interest on something other than me.  So he has started watching a little bit of Sesame Street and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Grayson doesn't really like Mickey Mouse but he does love the intro song.  As soon as it comes on, he runs in the living room and dances to the beat then as soon as the song is over, he is ready to move on to the next activity.

10.  Grayson's lovies - Grayson sleeps with his pacifier and his bunny blankie.  He has created his own sign for his lovies when he is looking for them.  It is like the "where is it motion" and of course mama knows just what he is motioning for.  He has a look of excitement and relief on his little face once he has his bunny in hand. 

11.  Teeth - Grayson has 8 teeth and is working on 9 and 10.  Teething hasn't been the easiest experience but Grayson's easy going personality helps when he is teething.

12.  Tantrums - Grayson recently started throwing tantrums.  These tiny little tantrums usually start when he can't go outside.  He loves to bang on the back door and say "out out", I try to explain that it is too cold and he doesn't like my response. So he throws his arms in the air and bends over to put his head on the ground all while screaming and crying.  However Grayson's tantrums are nothing compared to Owen.  Hopefully it stays that way.

13.  Grayson's least favorite thing is riding in the car.  AHHHH!  It is oh so distracting to hear him scream in his car seat each and every time we ride in the car.  Now that he is beginning to like Sesame Street I can put a DVD on in the car when we have to drive a longer distance so that I can actually focus on the road and not the uncontrollable screaming in the back.  Owen went through this exact same thing and it lasted until he was almost two years old.  I can't wait for this phase to be over.  

14.  Grayson has a HUGE belly!  When we ask him if he wants to eat he lifts his shirt up to show us and point to his belly.  It is so funny to see this little guy naked because I have never seen a belly quite like this one.

15.  Grayson loves the tub - I often use it when he and Owen are fighting over something and someone is upset.  It is a great distractor.  

We went to the doctor last week for Grayson's 15 month appointment.  Here are his stats...
Height:  30 3/4 (39th percentile)
Weight:  22.4 lbs (19th percentile)

No comments:

Post a Comment