Saturday, September 12, 2015

First Day of School 2015

Owen hasn't been in school since February so this mama was VERY excited for the first day of school, especially because both of my boys would be starting school this fall.  I have to say this moment was bittersweet.  Yes I have 4 whole hours to myself twice a week, but it means my babies are growing up and are not really babies anymore.
We talked a lot about their new school all summer and we drove by the large building several times this summer.  The boys had never been inside the school or met their teachers so I knew Owen would be nervous.  When I got him up Thursday morning the first thing he said to me was "I don't want to go to school".  I hugged him and he laid his head on my chest.  I held him like this without saying a word.  I know he was nervous but I didn't want to play into it or make him feel silly for feeling that way.  We went on with our morning, ate breakfast and as the morning went on he finally said "I'm so excited for school".  I got some really great pictures before we left the house (using M&M's to my advantage).




 Owen is quite the poser these days...

Brad happened to be out of town the night before school so I was stressing about getting the boys ready for pictures, lunches packed and out the door on time.  However we did it, but daddy was sad to miss out on the big day.





 Yes that's an M&M Grayson..



 This is the only solo pic of the little guy who won't stand still for a picture...
 On our way into school...
 Grayson and Owen were both very proud to wear a backpack.  Grayson was a little unsteady with his on his back, he fell over several times on the walk into school.










Here is Owen with his teachers putting his lunch away....

Grayson was a little sad at drop off and he cried for me but when I walked back by his room after dropping Owen off he was happily playing in the classroom.

At pick up the boys were happy to see me but the first thing Owen said was "school is too long".  He said he met a new friend that looked like Simon from Alvin and the Chipmunks, and his new friend called him "salami" and he called his new friend "boo boo".

No comments:

Post a Comment