Friday, February 17, 2012

Bourbon chase 2012

Owen slept for about 9 hours in a row last night which means that I had my first night of good sleep in about a month.

So, there were no more excuses. Time to get to the gym and start running again. It has been over a year since I hit the pavement. Although I have been dreading the day I will lace up my running shoes and hit the pavement, I also missed it in some sick and twisted way. So when Owen woke up at 5:30 this morning I fed him and put him back to sleep, grabbed my ipod with a little Nicki Minaj playing and went to the gym. It was painful but I was able to run 1.5 miles. I have a long way to go before the Bourbon chase this October so hopefully Mr. O continues to sleep well so I can keep up my training schedule. Here are some pics of the Bourbon Chase from 2010.

 

 

For those of you who don't know, the Bourbon Chase is a two day, 200 mile team race (for absolute crazy people), where you run around the countryside of Kentucky through several bourbon distilleries in the area. I said I would never run this race again at the time but here I am getting ready to train. We are running the race with a group of friends from UK and it is a ton of fun to spend this time together!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment