Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Grayson is 1!!

I am going to do this post in two parts - otherwise it would take me forever to actually put it online and we are not completely finished with our birthday celebrations for our little man.

One year ago today, on Grayson's actual due date, I was woken up from an uncomfortable sleep to feel contractions at 4:00 AM.  I was so excited, I took my time and got my things packed, waited to time the contractions until they were about 5 minutes apart, called my midwife and we went to the hospital.  I was reluctantly sent home to labor until my contractions got stronger.  It is never fun to go to the hospital expecting to have your baby and then to be told that what you are feeling (which is a lot of pain), isn't strong enough.  I was not very happy to say the least!  After about 8 hours crying and laboring at home, I decided I just couldn't do it anymore and called my midwife at about 6:00 PM.  She told me to come into the office, and on the way there, the contractions got stronger, we were soon sent to the hospital to finally have this baby.  After a long day, we finally got to meet our sweet baby Grayson Frederick Drapp at 11:30 PM.





 Grayson is still a daddy's boy...

 And my favorite picture of my little boys meeting for the first time...

In honor of spending the past 12 months with this precious little boy I thought I would add 12 facts about our little man.

1.  Grayson is officially walking.  He has been taking a few steps here and there for about a month or more and has slowly but surely started walking.  He still chooses to crawl when he is somewhere unfamiliar but he is very proud of himself when he does walk.  One cute little story about Grayson's walking - Owen was sitting on my lap and we were trying to get Grayson to walk to us so we were cheering for him and saying "come on Grayson", Owen tells me "I love him so much mama".  I love how much my boys love each other.
2.  Grayson LOVES Owen.  In the mornings when I say let's go get Owen, he starts squealing and flapping his arms with pure joy.  As soon as he sees Owen he tries to climb on top of him, lays his head on Owen's chest and tries to kiss him.  Of course Owen, who has usually just opened his eyes for the first time, pushes him away and grunts with frustration.
3.  Grayson LOVES balls.  He plays with them at home most of the time, he throws them and chases after them and throws them again.  When we go to Joseph Beth, the first thing Grayson goes toward is the ball bin.
4.  Grayson still sleeps with his bunny and pacifier.  When I put his pacifier in his mouth at nap time or bedtime, he grabs his bunny and lays his head on my chest.
5.  Grayson still crawls while dragging his left foot. Unfortunately  Grayson has eczema and it gets very irritated from being dragged across the floor when he crawls.
6.  Grayson is a people person, when he sees people while we are out, he waves his hand and yells "hi" with a huge smile on his face.
7.  Grayson's favorite food is any kind of fruit.  He goes crazy for apples, pears, berries of any kind.
8.  Grayson just started drinking coconut milk - due to his milk allergy, we are holding off on whole milk until he can handle it.  Although his allergy levels have gone down quite a bit in the past 6 months, we are introducing dairy products slowly.  He can eat cheese, yogurt, and baked goods with dairy in it.
9.  Grayson hates his car seat.  He has now started to arch his back and throw a bit of a tantrum almost every time I put him in his car seat.
10.  Grayson says a few words right now - mama, dada, hi, and we think he calls Owen yaya.
11.  Grayson has 6 teeth - 4 on top and 2 on bottom.
12.  Grayson loves to take a bath.  In the evenings if he is upset or getting bored, I will sometimes put him in the tub and it completely turns his mood around.


No comments:

Post a Comment