Sunday, March 4, 2012

Baby bottle boot camp

Baby O had only tried to take a bottle a handful of times in his short life of 4 1/2 months. It was too difficult for me to find a regular time to pump each day. It was much esier for me to nurse him whenever he seemed hungry. So with the big move, Owen had not taken a bottle in over a month and each time we tried he threw a huge fit and refused.

I decided that if I ever wanted to leave the house I would need to put this child through bottle camp.

I did a ton of research and found that most people had the best luck with the Playtex Drop-ins, not the fancy Tommee Tippee bottles that I already own. So I dragged Brad and Owen to BuyBuy Baby to purchase all the right equipment to get started. I also read that you hould put the baby in a high chair or a car seat for the first few feedings and not to hold him the way he is held while being nursed. After retaining all of this new information I was ready to give it a shot.

 

Owen seemed excited for his new bottle.

I leaned him back in the high chair....

And voila he took it like a champ with no fussing at all!! Excuse this picture of me with no makeup:). Since last week, Owen has taken one bottle a day with no problems, yay!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for sleep! I loved reading the updates :) what a cutie and that park looks like a lot of fun. We also love the playtex nurser drop-ins..no mess!

    ReplyDelete