Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sweet home Indiana

My Grandma turned 90 years old this week so my entire family decided to take a surprise trip to Indiana.

She was really surprised and we had so much fun visiting with her. Owen especially enjoyed all the attention from his GG

 

While we were in Martinsville we had so many people to see and so little time. Owen just had to make time for one of his girlfriends Joey, so we made a play date at the zoo with my friend from high school, April and her two girls. I brought my nephew Luke so he could enjoy the day as well.

Owen loves seeing other babies.

He loves to reach out and squeeze their faces, Joey doesn't seem to mind.

It was 80 degrees in the middle of March, which made for a hot day at the zoo.

My nephew, Superman, loved seeing a new zoo. His favorite part was the cheetahs.

Owen enjoyed sleeping the day away.

Next we went to my dad's house for a get together with extended family. All 6 of my dad and Karen's (my stepmom) grandchildren were together. So they had to get this picture taken....

I think they were angry that they were forced to wear camouflage. For those of you who know my dad he is a big hunter and outdoorsman. The kids loved going fishing, riding the tractor and the four wheeler with PopPop. We enjoyed letting the kids run wild and play together.

 

Then I made a date with three of my best girlfriends from high school. Everytime I come home we plan a time to get together and reminisce about old times. Jenna and I have been friends since kindergarten, kristi and I have been friends since the second grade and April and I have been friends since middle school. It is so special to have girls like this in my life. I love you ladies and all of the times we spend together.

We had such a fun day together, we went to a new winery in Martinsville and had a picnic outside while enjoying some good wine.

This was our first time at the new winery and we were pleasantly surprised at how great it was. It didn't hurt that it was 80 degrees and sunny, it was a perfect day!

 

I will leave you with a few pictures of GG's birthday party. We love you GG!! Thanks for being such an incredible role model, you are one of a kind!

 

We are ready for Nana to come home from Arizona!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment