Saturday, March 24, 2012

House hunting

We have adjusted to suburban life, I think. We are renting a townhome in Hamburg Farms. Here is a picture of some of the townhomes.

This has been the perfect place to be short term. I wanted to rent a place that was easy to live in (meaning not old), and I really wanted to see what it was like to live out this way away from downtown. In Columbus we lived in Grandview which was a mile away from downtown and there were great restaurants, bars, shops and a farmers market all within walking distance of our house. But our house was nearly 100 years old and we were almost always working on projects. This we decided is something we don't want to do with a small baby. So Hamburg is appealing.

We found a great neighborhood in our price range, that is in a great school district and walking distance to a park. I need to be able to walk somewhere:). We have gone through every house for sale In our price range over there. We found one that I absolutely love and Brad likes everything about it except the size of the living room. I just keep going crazy over the size of the closets coming from an old house where the closet space is minuscule, I love the idea of putting all my clothes in one place. Stay tuned, we may make an offer on this one:)

In other news, my Kentucky Wildcats came away with a big win last night against IU. Sorry to disapoint my Indiana roots but I will always root for my alma mater. Go CATS!!

We went to a friend's house to watch the game but Owen couldn't make it to tip off so we left daddy there and came home early.

No comments:

Post a Comment